Friday, December 11, 2009

The Weather is My Friend Today

Don was scheduled to jump this morning but he's having some problems with his dad's health and will wait until tomorrow. I had decided that I would not vault today since I'm still pretty beat up from my last few sessions. I could do it but it's not worth the risk. I'm interested in getting better, not getting injured because I won't rest a trashed body. So that's today.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to vault but it's supposed to rain from noon today until about 3 PM tomorrow. That could change but I'm not going to worry about it if it doesn't. I'll take the extra day of rest and get a good stretch in. This could be the weather protecting me from me again.

IF that happens and the weather remains crap through later tomorrow, the sun will be out Sunday and it will be 71 degrees as opposed to a high of 50 for today and tomorrow. Even better, my coach, Kris Allison, is coming to town to do a clinic at our high school meaning he can coach me first. I think this is the optimum scenario but I know me, if it clears out early I'll jump tomorrow in order to stay on schedule. I'm praying for rain and/or my own maturity to kick in. REALLY - will one extra day of rest make me slide backwards? NO!! I need to wake up and be rational. Bubba

UPDATE - I just talked to Kris and hired him to work with me for an hour and a half before his clinic starts. He normally doesn't charge me because I helped him get his club started but I felt he needed and deserves some motivation to get here earlier since he has to drive 3.5 hours. NOW, I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment