Monday, December 28, 2009

Moving Up the Lifting

I've been ramping up the lifting a little so today was another step. My bench was 4 X 205 which is decent for me but not considered really strong compared to others I know. I will do a max next week and then back to the grind as I will have three weeks between Joshua and Reno.

As a follow up to yesterday, all things being equal, you jump higher and have a greater potential on bigger poles. So that's the big deal about moving up to them. If you don't jump the same you may actually clear a lower height. That's why the practices will remain on relatively small poles. If I can't convert the same technique on a bigger pole it's not worth the risk.

Fortunately my jump has progressed enough that I can use bigger poles by using better technique and hand pressure instead of solely depending on running faster. In fact, I try to run 5% easier and hit my positions 10% better. That works on paper anyway. We will check it in the real world on Saturday. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment