Sunday, December 13, 2009

Updated Plan

I went back out to see Kris at a break in his clinic at the school and we decided that my benchmark when healthy needs to start from my 44' run on 14' (4.30m) poles. The feeling is that it will set me up to be able to move through bigger poles from longer runs without getting hurt. Since I can use my first one or two of my nine 14' (4.30m) poles from 33', the 44' should be easy for the smallest. I like it. Don't get me wrong; jumping 12' (3.66m) from a 33' (10m) run is a good baseline, but I need to extend it out to the next run as soon as it becomes a daily event. I'm there.

This conversation came about because today I only took four jumps before I was on my first 14' pole and I considered starting on it from 33'. Kris also doesn't like what he saw at his meet last week that I have good speed but don't blast the take off and maintain my pressure when I running from further. He and I both think that this will be the gradual solution.

Saw my friend, Rick Hagedorn, out coaching kids also. Rick is from Southern California and we have many mutual friends out there. He's one of only nine Nike Sprint experts who do seminars around the country. Great guy and resource. His former girlfriend and still best friend died of cancer close to a year ago now and he has moved here and adopted her daughter. Super guy!

Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment