Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Better I Think

I had a couple of times yesterday that I felt nauseous and was afraid I was slipping back. At one point I even got the chills and had to go back to bed for a bit. I'm starting off good today but I'm going to remain cautious not to do too much.

Yesterday when I was on my way to the bathroom to potentially throw up, I remembered that one spring morning in 1975 when I was in one of the school's vans traveling to a meet 7 hours away. I was coming down with a flu and they had to pull over four times for me to throw up. It was a Thursday and we were going directly from this meet to a Saturday meet a couple of hundred miles away. The goal was to just make my opening height of 15' to get some points for the team. I ended up on the biggest pole I had ever used (15' 6"/180 - Green Catapole 550+) and got my first 16' vault at 16' 1" for a new school record - my first.

Not that I expect miracles on Saturday but that is the most positive thought I could associate with still feeling somewhat like crap on Wednesday when I leave for a meet in two days. Bubba

PS - I thought I had the photo of that 16' 1" (4.91m) jump but couldn't find it. This is 16' 6" (5.01m) one week later on a Pacer III, the newest and grandest pole at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment