Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pole Taping

I'm bringing my poles home today to get them re-taped. I use black friction tape with sticky spray and haven't changed them since Australia so they are getting a bit slippery. Also I'm on some bigger poles now so I need to measure grips, etc. I think the highest I have held is 13' 3" but that will go up maybe this weekend to 13' 6" if I can move up again on poles. My plan is to jump in two divisions in order to have a chance to experiment.

As you know our poles are marked with flex numbers which are etched into the pole about a 1/4" tall. No one can read that. Not only do I mark the flex numbers BIG on the poles with a permanent marker, I also color code the tape so I can't pick up the wrong pole. Colored rings at the grip and my bottom hand tape match these colors so I can easily see what's next. Blue is first place so that's the tape color on the biggest pole. Red is next, followed by yellow and then green as they get smaller. Since I have a lot of poles I have sub colors like white, gray and purple for the smaller ones and orange and maroon for bigger ones. It's a project to re-tape them all but highly worth it. More soon. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment