Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I hope you all have a great Christmas or holiday season with your families. This is my first Christmas without my mom, who died on April 19, of this year. She suffered so long before she finally went that I'm very much at peace with her being gone, because she is finally at peace. Dad's doing great also as he came over yesterday for dinner. We're going to see my sister today whose husband committed suicide a month ago. Ying and yang of life (and death).

Nancy's mom is in a nursing home now following her stroke on October 13, the very day I won the World Masters Games in Sydney, Australia. Her 93rd birthday was a couple of weeks ago and she's doing well considering. Fortunately the home is only a mile away.

My point is that family is important and I am more appreciative than ever. I am equally appreciative of you guys and gals. I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful network of close friends. Thank you so much for that and all the best!!

I'm off today and will try and jump tomorrow. We have our end of the month All Comers meet that we have the last Saturday of every month. I won't compete in that as I need the practice session to continue what I started the other day. Also I have meets on 1/2 and 1/9 so I need a controlled environment rather than a 3rd consecutive meet.

So have a great day and I will report back tomorrow. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment