Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Territory

This is my 72nd post since I started this blog. For the Sydney trip I posted 71. So are we going uphill or downhill? My view is that things discussed here are things that vaulters think about every day. The offseason sucks - no meets, meet results to read, bad weather screwing up your schedule, etc. But this time is absolutely crucial in deciding if you have the base to have a good year. A lot of it is using instinct to keep from getting hurt. Another part is making sure you get the most out of every session and not get caught just going through the motions.

This blog has nothing to do with my commitment to my training or event, but rather is a reflection of my will - I may not be the best, or in some cases even very good at what I do, but I show up every day. There's a lot to be said for that. If that helps any of you get through this time of the year, I'm thrilled. Believe me, venting here helps me more than you know. Have a great day!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment