Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back to School!!

Had a decent last gym workout today.  I was careful of course.  Can't say I felt real strong since I missed the last gym lift with my body aches.  I was strong as I needed to be to wake up my body without risk of injury.

School #1 - for the next two days I am conducting a half day vault clinic (8-noon both days) for a group of kids to benefit the high school's vault program.  I haven't done this particular teaching since I left California in 2001.  Of course I do the components myself but today's kids have such a short time available when they get out of class.  I know that some of our kids have taken this upon themselves to do. It's one of those things that isn't hard so you have no excuse not to do it.  But because it's not hard they make every excuse not to.  If it's too hard they do the same so you're always looking for this balance.  Should be fun; except for the starting my own workout at 6 AM to be done in time on both days.

School #2 - On August 1, I will completely switch up all of my training for the next two years.  Legendary vault coach and author, Alan Launder says if you're going to change your vault you need to expect a two year project.  So I'm going to school for two years.  I'll probably jump indoors at Reno, Colorado and maybe Minnesota but I will skip both indoor and outdoor nationals.  I'm sure I will jump in the fun summer meets but won't travel I don't think, unless there is a cool beach or street vault.  I say this because I need to view this schooling as a two year class and not two one year classes.  I will become a runner again and I will jump two days and do pole drills two days a week. I'll still lift but with a different emphasis.  Bars will remain the same.  Very excited about it.

Of course I have some business at hand.  I was thrilled to hear that Casey Anthony will be released from jail and on her way to Houston to live with a relative - on the day I jump at worlds in Sacramento.  Don't want to be around that zoo.  Anyway, thanks so much for your support.  Bubba

Here is "School" by Supertramp; one of the all time very cool songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKc0InnFhd4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment