Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WEIRD Day!

Well it's 12 hours since I last wrote and I am at a hotel in Yosemite.  This morning was COLD with a crosswind.  That combined with me coming in too light (163) caused me to struggle on poles.  I had to start from 12 steps on a pole that is usually too small from 10 steps.  My standards are always all the way back and even with my run back I had to move them into 70cm/28".  I cleared 12' 6" (3.80m) and got 4th in a tough field.  Several high profile no heights and some who jumped well below their potential.  I was seriously hoping to just be in the top six so I'll take it.  The bottom line was that I felt good, jumped well, did not get hurt but I flat couldn't get my poles moving.  Again, I'll take 4th in the world.  BTW - USA was 1-5 in the M55.  Have a great evening.  Bubba

1 comment:

  1. Can't see the video link. How bout a results link? Congrats dude! Great job in those conditions.

    ReplyDelete