Monday, July 11, 2011

Made it to Sacramento

Like my body doesn't need to soak here!
The view from the room
Arrived this morning, got the rental car and headed for the hotel.  Got out of the car and told the valet that I had 25 minutes to get lunch before a business call and then I would check in.  About 20 minutes later I was approached in the dining room and informed that I was checked in, given my keys and told that my bags were already in my room.  Never even went to the front; signed the papers at the dining table. Amazing.  Then later I asked where a grocery store was so I could get some protein drinks and bananas, etc.  He said he would have a car around for me in 5-10 minutes to take me to the store so I wouldn't have to get my car or worry about directions.  Again, amazing.  It's called Le Rivage - http://www.lerivagehotel.com/

After my call I went over to the track to get checked in. Of course I'm at the machine getting my parking pass and Kirk Bentz comes up to me. Always great to see Kirk but he proceeded to show me where to get my credential, where we will check in on Wednesday morning and where our poles are stored.

Back at the hotel relaxing.  I'll go over tomorrow when the girls jump at 8 to see what the conditions look and feel like.  It's gotten cooler with a low of 51 and a high of 83.

Results - Our friend Helen Croskell won the W35 Saturday.  Today Matt was not happy getting 5th in the M40.  We talked and he said he blew through poles and didn't move up fast enough.  He explained that even though the wind was bad, the speed of the runway and the fact it is somewhat downhill because of the crown on the football field made up for the wind and his poles felt small.  good enough for me.

Have a great day.  More tomorrow. Thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment