Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Slave to the Grind!!

I got up at 3:45 AM to leave my house at 4:30 to drive 3.5 hours to pick up a smaller 14'7"/4.45m from Kris. I had to go early because I still had my standing lunch meeting at 11 AM with a partner, three hours from Kris.  Got home at 3:30 in the afternoon, changed and headed to the track for 10 X 50m hill/sleds and to measure and tape up my new pole.  The bottom line is 12 hours after I left the house I completed my workout and limped home.

Limp is figurative as my knee did not bother me at all.  Pleasantly surprised as I was thinking after Sunday's run that I may need to get it shot again next Monday.  I would say conservatively it was 95% better.  So good in fact that I thought about vaulting on my new pole after the 6th sled pull.  I decided against it but it was tough as that new pole is thin and light and feels just awesome.  I will start my warm up with it in Cleveland.  Can't wait.  My poles are flexed on a 14'1"/4.30m span so I can compare them to how they would feel compared to my 14'1" pole series.  This one is a 16.3 so it is .5 smaller than my previous smaller one, a 15.8.  PERFECT!!

I often talk about how far away a big meet feels when you're done.  Like two weeks later you feel like a slug.  No time for that with nationals coming up.  Again, I'm pleasantly surprised that all of my workouts are feeling so good.  Must have been the three full days off doing nothing after Worlds.

Weight mystery solved - I left for the track today at 174.5.  Came home and drank a huge amount of fluids because it was so hot.  Even after that I weighed 171.  If you remember I did a two day pole vault clinic right in the major Texas heat before I left, so THAT is responsible for the big weight loss.  Of course the north has been over 100 so maybe Cleveland will do it's Texas imitation.  I will be ready in any case as today was 98 when I did my running.

I took the truck today since I had to transport poles so I listened to satellite radio and heard the perfect song for today; Skid Row's, "Slave to the Grind".  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6MuOgz7aI

Enjoy and have a great evening.  I need some sleep.  Hard gym workout in the AM.  Thank you for being here!!!!  Bubba

PS - poles are dropped off for a Friday pick up for shipping to Cleveland.  Heck they just got home from Sacramento on Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment