Sunday, July 24, 2011

Long Road Nears End

Today began week #61 of this training plan - the last week.  This morning I had a good short gym lift and tomorrow I have my last garage lift.  Coming up is skip/stride/stretch on Tuesday, 6 X 50m hill/sleds on Wednesday, stretch Thursday and another skip/stretch/stride on Friday.  NONE of these are hard workouts but the quality is essential.

Speaking of essential, my weight has consistently been 162-163 whereas I have been 168-170 all year.  All I can think of besides the heat is that since 9 days out from the National Senior Games on 6/20, I have gone to complete quality and very little grind.  This makes me think that I have dropped down from "training muscle mass" to "essential only mass".  Surprisingly I still feel very strong and quick.  In the past if I dropped weight I felt an immediate loss of power.  Not the case this time so I guess I have accidentally tapered in the correct way.

Thank you for being here as I greatly appreciate it.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment