Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to Work

A good lift session this morning in the garage.  Yes it's still very hot but just when I finished I was surprised by a thunderstorm and shower.  Overall I felt pretty good though not all that strong.  You ramp up and then back off for the meet and then have a break after that.  All in all it's almost two weeks of no lifting.  Hard to go back so I always start light and cycle back up.  The bottom line is I got it done and felt good about it.

I've been fielding a lot of calls and emails about Worlds and the varied conditions that different vaulters had.  Apparently ours was quite the bloodbath as far as the draw of the weather and wind.  Four 13' (3.97m) vaulters did not clear a height, the winner jumped a foot lower than he has this year, and four of us have already jumped as high or higher than the winning jump this year.  Charlie Brown told me he was two poles down from his start pole.  In only my third outdoor meet I improved on my two previous meets.  Makes no sense to me.  So in honor of this fiasco, I offer ACDC's, "If You Want Blood, You've Got It" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkNQjsgQNP0

I found out that I jump at 10 AM in Cleveland on Saturday, July 30.  Our poles get in from Sacramento today and will go to Cleveland on Friday.  More later as I try to play catch up.  Thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment