Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Zoot Suit Riot

At the world championships you are "required" to wear a USA uniform.  Of course we read this as we "get to wear a team USA uniform".  As a kid you dream of that chance.  The unique thing about these big meets is that our USA team is fielded by USA Track & Field, just like our Olympic team is.  We have the choice of uniforms worn at previous Olympic Games.  I wore the 2004 uniform the Olympians wore in Athens when I won at the World Masters Games in Sydney so I'm sticking with that.  It's our version of the "Zoot Suit"; the finest it gets.

The poles arrived at the track today and were signed for at 11:35.  Our first athlete who needs them vaults on Saturday so we are in good shape.  I arrive on Monday and will grab lunch, and then head over to pick up my packet and find the poles.  Since W35 athlete/friend, Helen Croskell jumps Saturday, she will find them first and let me know where they are.  We all will put on our return labels for the trip home and they will get back to the high school before I get back from Yosemite after the meet.

Today is my driving business travel day so I went to do my running and stretching at 6:15 AM.  I figure I jump at 8 AM or 6 AM my time so why not.  Everything felt easy and good like I'm regaining my strength.  Very surprising considering how horrible I felt with those body aches.  I've got three very easy days left. As I hoped I'm feeling much better than I did at the National Senior Games. Looking forward to the chance to jump with a great group of guys!!

That's it for today. Thanks for being here!  Here is a great old fashioned swing song, "Zoot Suit Riot". Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IqH3uliwJY

No comments:

Post a Comment