Sunday, October 30, 2011

Conservative Plan

I have decided I'm not going to jump at the meet on 11/13.  Instead I will keep cranking away on my fitness, stretching and rehab of my groin injury.  The groin is SO much better but it's just not worth the risk of flaring it up that quickly.  It is very small in terms of limitations and I can't turn that into something big for no reason.  I'll jump at Kris' indoor meet on 12/3 and that will be it until I get to California, where they have no indoor meets because the weather is always/usually nice.

Overall I'm starting to feel like an athlete again which is all the more reason to stay the course.  I think at Kris' I'll start at eight steps on my 14' 1" (4.30m) poles and then move back to 10 steps on my 14' 7" (4.45m) regular meet poles.

I have put in a request for all comer dates in Southern California as they used to have those nearly every weekend after New Years.  It would be nice to get one more meet in after Kris before Reno on January 20.  Right now my plan is to end my season at Reno and get ready for 2013. I can't begin to describe the hell I have in store for the year before Worlds and me turning 60.

Brazil or bust - In 2013 I had hoped to vault at World Masters Athletics (Track & Field) in Brazil, World Masters Games (Olympics) in Italy, and the National Senior Games in Cleveland.  Some how this group of rocket scientists got together and decided that all meets should overlap at some point during their 7-10 run so that you literally can only go to one.  For me that's Brazil.  My best at WMA was 3rd in 1997 in South Africa, while I have won the WMG in Sydney in 2009.

Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

PS - Workout was good but really tough this morning until Megadeth's "Peace Sells" came on and got me through - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdEupVsL07E&ob=av2n

No comments:

Post a Comment