Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Injury Report - Dreams

Today I got back to my running where I alternate a sprint drill with ankle weights to running sleds with no ankle weights.  Depending on whether it directly or indirectly stressed my sore leg I would say my setback ranges between 10 - 20% for an average of 15%.  When I took my last jump I thought for sure it was 50 -60% so I'm pretty pleased.

There is a meet outside of Austin on 11/13 so I will enter that and use my 14' 1" (4.30m) poles from eight steps.  In the interim I'll keep cranking on my other training. Feels awesome to get back to a routine.

I've often heard that if you don't have dreams you have nothing to come true.  I think big and work hard and because of that am very comfortable with however it turns out.  I know I did my best and if it's not enough then I'm fine with that. 

Here is Van Halen's Dreams - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi8m4SIejE  Two of my best and favorite athletes have birthdays and this video is relevant.  Today is Borya Celentano's birthday and on Halloween is Pete Kovacs birthday.  This was Pete's (now a VP of a major bank) training song and Borya flys jets for the Navy.  Last night he emailed that he just had a baby girl on the 19th and that he has been assigned to fly the F-18 Super Hornet at airshows, hence the Blue Angels piece.  After many missions in the wars I'm sure he and his family are happy to have him flying in a safer environment.  Pete now has two kids.  Anyway, these two guys were my favorites because nobody could out work them and they always studied hard to get better.  Enjoy and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment