Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fun & Easy Vault Day

I'm out of town on a regional drive trip so I dropped in to vault at my coach, Kris Allison's place.  Saturday I could take off from four steps but couldn't really take the risk to vault.  Today I wanted to see if vaulting is a possibility for Saturday at the Texas vs. Louisiana meet.

I took it real easy and moved through a bunch of poles and had a few really nice clean low level vaults.  At the end of the day I was running from six steps and the biggest pole I tried was too small.  Most important, I was sore but not hurt.  So I'll give it a go on Saturday on my 13' 1"/4m poles.

Due to a delay in our housing arrangements we are pushed back at least one week and possibly up to a few weeks from getting to California.  The good/bad news is that I'm needed there on business so I'll still "be there" even if I'm not really living there yet.

My goal over the next three weeks is flat out kick butt, uninterrupted training. I need and want this so bad.  I'll feel so much better in every way to be able to stay home for three weeks.  I've got a lot to share about my training and outlook as it has become very clear to me.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment