Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pleasant Surprise

I mentioned last week that I felt a little twinge in my right groin near the back as I took off more explosively than usual.  I stopped on the spot to avoid getting hurt.  This week I tried a few times to jog and it bothered me.  Yesterday I went out to do sleds and felt it getting out of the car.  That said, this morning I was able to vault at a low level.  SURPRISE!!  The game plan now is to go to the Texas vs. Louisiana meet next weekend and go at a low level and hope for the best.  Should be fun.

This week I'm on the road Monday through Wednesday but the good news is I think I will try and get a short jump session with my coach, Kris Allison, on Tuesday morning.  If I could advance on today a little and get my sleds in I will feel more comfortable going into Saturday's meet.  Coincidentally Kris is in Houston today doing a clinic.

That's it today except to say that during my warm up I felt like an athlete.  After a week of very little activity that was a welcome feeling.  Have a great day!  Bubba

Terrible Ted, the Motor City Madman with "Cat Scratch Fever" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBpGJemdUs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment