Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Travel Day - Breaking News

Today is my local / regional travel day.  By the end of today I hope to learn when I am returning to Southern California - to live; by November 1, or Spring of 2012.  Having lived in Newport Beach, California for 24 years I always knew at some point that I would return.  My mom has passed and my dad turns 80 today but lives across the street from my brother.  The time to "go home" is near for a number of reasons including the weather and business opportunities.  I have loved my time here and will be back in Texas for business/other one week a month but my base will change to SoCal very soon now.  I will train with Greg Charles at UC Irvine, where I coached vaulters for 14 years, and at Saddleback College with two time Olympian from Australia, Simon Arkell.  I will compete for SoCal Track Club and will live in Dana Point, just south of Laguna Beach (see top photo).  Thanks for your support!  Bubba

California Dreamin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3GbF9Bx6E

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Bubba, that will be a big change but a good one I am sure. It will be nice to have you out here in California, Laguna Beach is still a ways from Davis, but it is closer, hopefully we can get together sometime.

    Mike Hochderffer

    ReplyDelete