Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Another year begins with hope and grace. I feel very fortunate for the blessings in my life and accept the setbacks dealt my way as part of life. I hope to defy age old wisdom and vault higher than I did when I was younger in 2009. When all else fails we have hope and faith. I'm most appreciative of you guys and gals and your friendship and support. Wishing you the very best for 2010!!

I'm re-taping the rest of my poles today as I picked them up and brought them home yesterday. I'm picking up Don at 4:30 AM tomorrow to head to our meet, a little less than three hours away. Looking forward to the opportunity to see where I am. I find it funny that less than two weeks ago I had a meet yet it feels like a long time ago.

I'm not as nervous about starting on big poles as I am about going to huge ones at heights before I normally would. But Kris is right, I have more room for error so this gives me the most experience on bigger poles. I'm not nervous about injury because I know when I go to big poles I try to run slower at first, not faster. This allows me to set up a better take off position and to put more efficient pressure on the pole rather than just relying on speed. I had a dream last night that I nh'd tomorrow's meet at 12'. It felt very real and unpleasant. The last time I failed to clear a height in a meet was April of 1974, but anything is possible.

All the best to you in 2010 and beyond!! Enjoy the long weekend! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment