Saturday, March 20, 2010

Back to Winter

I was out at the high school meet this morning when the leading edge of the front came through. By the time I got home 30 minutes later the temps had dropped 20 degrees. Welcome to Texas - 82 yesterday and it will be in the 30s in the morning. HATE that crap. If there were anyplace I could run indoors I would be OK with it but there's not and I run three days a week. Oil well as we say here.

Heavy lift in the garage today. Squats, bench and a lat pull superset. Felt my arm a little on the heavier lat pull superset but only on the first set. My gut says I'm four weeks a way from it being perfect and two weeks away from being able to ramp up my jumping from small poles. Oh yeah, I've got that Nationals thing next weekend. If they scheduled it when everyone was healthy they would never have it.

I put a note out on http://www.polevaultpower.com/ today to see if some friends have some smaller poles I could warm up on since I have already shipped mine. Not that I need them but it would probably be smarter. I think Kirk has a 1460 and my smallest is a 1470. Ideally I would like a 1375 or 1380 and I think Bob Banhagel (M60) may have one of those. We'll see. Since I'm so close to being well if I feel anything I'll stop. Based on the competition in my field I think I can get 2nd without killing myself. I may choose to do that and stop. Or it could be perfectly fine like Don and Kris say and I'll blow through my own small poles. That's what I'm hoping for.

I have another week of healing but I just don't want the healing clock to start over. I would rather take one jump on a small pole to get a medal and stop than to get hurt. Remember, other than last year when I won in DC, I have gotten 4th indoors three times all at Boston. I would like to break that curse.

That's all of the uncertainty I can handle for today. Hope you're having a great weekend. Thanks for following this roller coaster. Bubba

I just happened to notice that I had 87 posts in 2009 and today is my 87th post of 2010. I'm sure that means nothing but I'm going to pretend it's a good sign or I wouldn't have noticed it. HeeHee!! Whatever gets you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment