Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stretching ... Alot

At this stage of big meet prep it comes down to hurry up and wait. All I have left between now and Saturday is stretching and one half-assed day of easy strides and rhythm drills tomorrow. I don't mind it but it's boring. I always try to schedule some big work project the week of a big meet to keep my mind off of it but I'm pretty much caught up at this point.

I'm pretty comfortable with my game plan which will be business as usual unless I start to feel something and then I will back off and wait for the meet. I will start on my own smallest pole rather than borrow a pole because I need to stay on my sponsor's, Essx poles. I thought about sending a couple of smaller poles with a friend who jumps in the M75 group but I really think I'll be fine at the lower levels. When I say "lower level" I'm talking about three poles smaller than I started on at Reno so I should be safe. BTW - I see my poles arrived in Boston a little over an hour ago.

We get in about 1 PM on Friday so I'll hang out at the hotel and Nancy will hit the Prudential Center underground. I like to be "quiet" the day before the meet. I'll head over fairly early on Saturday (I jump at 3:30) because I have a lot of friends jumping in the divisions before me and I need to get checked in and pick up my packet with my number, etc. Should be a fun meet if I keep it low key. The goal is to get a medal and get home uninjured. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for your support. This blog is a great outlet when I'm frustrated or uncertain and I don't mind putting it out there when I am. This is as much a mental sport as a physical one and for me to enjoy the meet the mental work has to be done first. Prediction - Kirk wins it easy at 4m+ (13' 1 1/2") and I get 2nd or 3rd at 11' (3.35m) or 12' (3.66m) and stop before I'm hurt too bad. Thanks again! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment