Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Changing Seasons

As I did my stretching in the garage today I notice that when I stretch over my right leg when it's up on the workbench that my foot almost hits the fan, and my left almost hits the space heater. It reminded me that I'm in that window of time where I need neither.

We're also changing from indoor season to the outdoor season as this is officially the last week of the indoor season. I've talked to both of my main physical therapist partners and both assure me that after five weeks I should have no trouble with my bicep. You would think that would help but not really. Some things it feels great but then I will make some quick steering move or pick up the dog food wrong and I get a reminder that it probably still is not ready. I have resisted every possible urge to screw it up so if it is then I'm done for awhile. I would hate to miss the bulk of the summer meets but I have to get this thing totally well as all of the big meets are next year again. World Championships will be in the US (Sacramento) for the first time since 1995, and the National Senior Games will be in Houston.

That's all I can say for now. Frustrating but part of the deal with training and competing at a high level at any age. My goals are too big to cruise through the motions safely so I'll have to become a better judge of physical tolerance. I'll see how Saturday goes and deal with it from there. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment