Thursday, March 25, 2010

Leisure Day?

Borya Celentano sent me this photo of him practicing "take offs"

The day before I leave I schedule very little to do because I know that the last minute stuff will at some point overwhelm my schedule. Sure enough I have five business calls that weren't on my schedule yesterday, as well as some writing and emails to do.

A big storm came through overnight but I will get out to do my sprint drills and stretch this morning before starting to pack. Even though I am clueless about this meet I'm excited to be going because at least I will get to vault. How long and how high depends on any number of factors. The sled helps my power on the runway and should protect against groin or hamstring injuries so we'll see how the arm holds up.

I got an email last night from my former vaulter, Borya Celentano. I met Borya after his sophomore year of high school when he had vaulted 13'. Six years later his best was 18' 10 1/2" and I can say that I learned as much from him as he did from me. He's a true friend. He wanted to wish me luck in my meet and to show me the "Take Off" drills he has been working on. This is Borya in his F-18 jet that he flies off and onto aircraft carriers. Pretty cool.

I'll have a computer with me for the meet but posting will be late Saturday as I don't jump until 3:30 Boston time. I will make post tomorrow after I get settled in the hotel. Have a great day and thanks for your support Bubba

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Bubba, I hope you soar at Nationals. Thanks for your comments about my website on Ken's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I've become a big fan of your through your blog. All the best and hope to see you soon. Bubba

    ReplyDelete