Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting Ready

Had no rebound or problem with my arm from the adhesion release on Tuesday, even when I did the same stretch where I first felt it. I avoided the overwhelming desire to hop up on the high bar and low P-Bars today as I figure I've got nine full days left for healing. Why risk flaring something up that may be perfectly fine if left alone.

Packed up the poles yesterday and am dropping them off a the Houston Police Department for shipping. My training partner, Don Curry, is a lieutenant there (30 years) and since the high school is on spring break, HPD is a great back up for shipment pickups and delivers.

After talking to Kris I pulled out on big pole and put in one smaller pole as a warm up pole. Before I put it in the bag I did some running grass take offs and felt no pressure swinging on the pole. Of the poles in my bag I have jumped 4m (13' 1 1/2") on one and 4.10m (13' 5 1/4") on the other. I normally use these poles in every meet so the key will be to warm up on small ones as I move toward these.

I remain cautiously optimistic but if I have a problem at Boston I'll drop out for a couple of months and get completely well. It's been four weeks today since I've jumped and will be a little over five at Boston. Still, it would be nice to have a few more weeks to ramp back up. Of course I will continue to lift and run my butt off but vaulting will take a back seat for 2-3 months like a traditional off season.

That's it for now. Off to drop off the poles. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment