Friday, March 26, 2010

I Really Don't Know

That's the company line and I'm sticking to it. I'll wait and find out like everyone else if my body holds up. I'm not going to let it get in the way of my fun though. Had a nice lunch with Nancy and a leisurely afternoon in the hotel. We're staying at the Westin Copley so we're connected to the Prudential Center underground. Not that I am a shopping fan but it gives Nancy something to do before the big meet.

Flying in today there was light snow but it's perfectly clear right now. Of course this is "Indoor" Nationals so that's not such a factor. We're at the Reggie Lewis Athletic Center where the elites have their big meets as well as nationals.

Flying in today and seeing the coastal houses and cottages always reminds me of our summer trips to Maine. As an outsider I always see Boston as the gateway to New England. Nancy's brother is in Maine so we rent the same big house every year and friends and family to converge. It's in Newagen on the tip of the area where Boothbay Harbor is on the Central Coast. This year we go from October 1-8. Last year we were supposed to go but June's (Nancy's mom) health wasn't good. It will be our first trip without her and she will be missed but we know how much she loved sitting in the bay window watching the lobster boats come in to the cove. I really love this whole area and Boston has become one of my favorite cities. Here is the house in Maine - http://www.bubbapv.com/Images/Maine-06/Maine06.htm

I'll answer a few emails tomorrow after an early breakfast and head over to the meet around noon. Houston girl Helen Croskell (W35) just won Worlds in Kamloops and is jumping now. All of the guys jump tomorrow. More soon. Have a great evening. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment