Friday, March 19, 2010

One Rotation Left

I got my next to the last running day done this morning and will see Ashley for my massage (torture) at noon. Feeling pretty good but of course still uncertain about the arm. Don keeps telling me that it will be fine and he's probably right. That said, I told Nancy yesterday that I feel 70% certain that I will clear a bar at Nationals and 60% sure I will be re-injured in some way, no matter how small. Of course I hope I'm wrong. Both Don and Kris say that 37 days of no jerking stress should be plenty and I'm sure they are right. They pointed out that I have been making progress even when I jumped after two weeks. We'll see.

RAMBLINGS
Beautiful today bit some colder weather and rain coming into tomorrow. Should be gone by my last running day on Monday. Weight is back to normal finally. I remember Gary Hunter telling me it took him two weeks to get his down after a trip to Germany. I'm really pretty consistent and always in striking distance of vault weight but I intentionally put on a few pounds so I wouldn't jump at Kamloops. Though I don't mind and actually enjoy my training, I hate not being able to vault in practice. That's what makes all of the grind worth it. A week from tomorrow I will have some answers and one way or another I will be fine with it. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment