Monday, March 29, 2010

Things Happen for a Reason

I've had a few "saving me from me" postings but it seems to happen when most needed. After writing yesterday that I would skip the first rotation of the week I told Nancy I thought I would recover more quickly if I would stay on schedule and go to the gym but she stay at a low level. She reminded me that "normal" IS skipping the first rotation after a big meet; especially one where I feel fortunate to have even been able to jump.

Well sure enough my light schedule for work got hit with a bunch of stuff right in a row and it gave me the time to rethink the importance of training today. It's not important and in fact REST IS far more important.

I remember Simon Arkell of Australia would tell me, "I came up with a hamstring problem this morning", even though he felt nothing when he left the training session the day before. That's how our bodies are sometimes; they tell you they aren't quite fine a few days after you jump. So I will wait it out and see where I land. I still feel like I am uninjured though.

The game plan is to ramp up slow with meets scheduled for 4/22, 5/22, 6/19 and Outdoor Nationals in Sacramento on 7/24. There are several All Comer Meets at The Woodlands High School so I'm sure I will jump there a few times also. Right now I just want to take a ton of easy vaults and jump twice a week. Can't wait.

Here is a video on my miss at 3.85m (12' 7 1/2") jump off of Nancy's iphone. Bad quality and too far away but I forgot the other camera. Clearly had the height easily so that's why I passed to 4m (13' 1 1/2") once Kirk made it. Decent jump but needs a lot of clean up.

Have a great day! Bubba

Actually this may be a little better. Just hit pause and then use the cursor to go frame by frame.
http://www.bubbapv.com/Boston.mov

No comments:

Post a Comment