Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Final Planning

At 11 days out I feel pretty good but want to remain cautious. The game plan will be to warm up and start the meet on my small 4.30/14'/17.2/169 from my 44' run. I will start at 11' 6" (3.51m) or 12' (3.65m) depending on how many are at that height. If there are several at 11' 6" I'll wait until 12'. Last year at Landover, MD I used the same pole and run for my starting height of 12' and it looked like this - http://www.bubbapv.com/Images/Bubba_USATF%20Win.mov BTW - This was my first time to vault in four weeks here too.

The only reason I would move back to 55' and go to the 16.5 would be if the 17.2 felt too small from 44'. The objective is to put very little tension on the arm during the warm up and initial jumps. This pole is small enough that I should be very safe.

Another good sled/hill day. Tomorrow is my travel day but I will get a long stretch when I get home. After that I have a Thursday/Friday and a Sunday/Monday rotation, followed by sled on Tuesday and I am done. Again, reasonably optimistic but nothing can be assured. At 11 days out I can only get better. Have a great day and than you for your continued support. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment