Sunday, May 16, 2010

15,031,514

That is the amount of weight I have lifted since I started back to training after my two Achilles surgeries. I started on January 1, 2005. It's always cool to cross a line but I've seemed so close to 15 million for so long - FINALLY. As I have mentioned before, Bubka can tell you what he did on this date when he was 11 years old; what the weather was and what he ate, etc. If it's worth doing it's worth recording.

Baseline lifting felt easy today which is nice. From Sunday to Sunday I have run hill/sled five days and did some type of runway vaulting for two days including one vault day and one drill day. LOTS of bar work also. That said, I'm ready to get a cortisone shot tomorrow in the forearm tendons and then I should be good to go in about a week. So TONS of running and leg lifting this week but no upper or bars. I actually did a double today by doing tomorrow's workout also in order to to get the last hard upper lift in.

Got an email response from Ken Leventhal of the Houston JCC, who runs the local Senior Games. He says we will be at Barnett Stadium (an area high school stadium) for our Texas State Senior Games but that a decision between Rice University and the University of Houston has yet to be made for the National Senior Games next summer. In 2007, the first year I was eligible, the Games were in Louisville and in 2009 they were in California at Stanford University. Next summer it will be here at home in Houston. It's a very big deal with THOUSANDS of athletes from 50+ years old in 18 sports. Here's the link to the National Senior Games site about the event - http://www.nsga.com/summer-games/2011-summer-games

Have a great Sunday! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment