Saturday, May 29, 2010

Small World / Feel Like Crap

Let's start with the fact that I feel like crap. Whenever I rest things heal short so I actually feel much worse than I do when I'm training. Even worse my weight is up from the prep for my procedures and the water they have me retaining. Feeling beat up and FAT is not my idea of a break but tomorrow I will be back to full speed.

I'm not jumping until Gettysburg on June 10 and that may be limited. My forearm feels worse and I have done nothing so that bothers me of course. I need to come back from our Alaska cruise on 8/1 completely healthy and in top shape. It won't bother me not to jump in Gettysburg as I am mainly going as a show of support for my buddy Steve Gorman who lost his brother a couple of years ago. This event is in his honor as a fellow masters vaulter. Two of the top masters vaulters in the world, Gary Hunter and Joe Johnston will join us there.

Small world - the lady hooking up my IV line in my hand said my veins were easy to hit and that I have "runner's veins". I told her I was a pole vaulter and train at The Woodlands High School. She told me her son ran track there and had gotten a scholarship to one of the top US track schools, Arkansas. Turns out her son is Drew Butler who is one of our school's top runners in history - and that is saying A LOT considering our history. Needless to say we talked track whenever she had a break.

It's getting hot so I will try and get out a little earlier. Last night at 8 PM it was 95 and still 80 when we got up this morning. That's OK as I get used to it reasonably fast. Starting early is the key in the beginning. Have a great day! Bubba

PS - tomorrow - rethinking my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment