Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Both Ends To Get a Look

I saw the physician that will do my colonoscopy on Friday and he will also put a tube down my throat to check my stomach. He thinks the colon will be clean but that stomach will have some small ulcerations from years of Motrin and Excedrin PM, the later on an empty stomach at night. He says the good news is that people who take these over the counter products rarely have colon issues. He will clean up and test whatever he sees if anything and then put a plan in place where it doesn't happen again.

This morning I did yet another blood test for Friday morning's procedure. But in my follow up with my PCP he noted that iron capacity is very available so that part will be fixed pretty quickly. The strange thing is that my total testosterone is only 287 and normal for my age is 550. He hopes part of this drop off is the iron issue but we will keep an eye on it. He thinks this could explain the rash of little injuries. I can take a non-steroid medication that will trigger me to make more of my own testosterone but he's hesitant to commit to that until after Friday's procedures. I cannot take testosterone without a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) which we don't see the need to seek at this point. It would be nice to at least be at a "normal" level of 550 like everyone else. Until then I'll just keep training my butt off six days a week.

I'm getting ready to got to lunch with Ryan Hodges. He was vaulter at The Woodlands High School who now goes to the University of Texas. He was a 10' 6" jumper the summer of his sophomore year and ended up making our state meet and jumping 15' 7". GREAT guy!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for the support! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment