Saturday, May 1, 2010

Going Away But Coming Back

Yesterday my nerve part of my back seemed to be easing back in and with it came tiny spasms. Since I had done nothing different I made an assumption that I should do a stretching session since that tends to be the way my treatments with Ashley end. I even did a couple of little 20m jogs in between some of the stretches. It went well but I was stiff and triggered some nerve pain.

For the next two hours I thought maybe I had made a mistake. My reasoning was that I could get in to see Ashley this morning if need be so I might as well try it. As the day went on I felt more mobile and had some relief. This morning I feel by far better than I have in the past three weeks. Not brand new but easily the best I have felt.

SO - I will repeat the process today and hope it feels even better before my eight hour plane flight to Hawaii tomorrow. Again, I'm very optimistic that I'm coming back good. In fact, since it's seven weeks away, I'm not writing off that I may jump in the Quintana Beach Vault. I'll take it slow and play it by ear.

The spasms are in the right side glute so I took a half raquet ball rubber piece and put it over a golf ball and rolled around on it really trying to break up the muscle in that area. BINGO!! Hit the spot and gave me great relief. This s certainly not an Ashley replacement but since I couldn't see her before I go it was worth the experiment. Today I will buy a raquet ball, handball, tennis ball, and golf ball for my rotation or rolling muscles around with various tensions and contact sizes. I'll take those and my stretch rope to Hawaii and use it after I come in from the pool or beach. The plan is to try and get some easy jog/skip drills in the water just to introduce mobility without impact. Should be fun.

Thanks for being here and I'll keep you posted and maybe get up some photos as well. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment