Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Meeting Day

I have partners here in Hawaii and today is my meeting day. Normally when I come I'm in meetings pretty much nonstop but since I set this up as a vacation then I'm only going today.

Traveling - seems like we travel a lot. It's actually been just the opposite. The reality is that because Nancy's late mother, June, lived with us for six years. During that time we could never both go away unless June was with us; like our Maine vacation to see her brother and June's son. So for six years Nancy has not been able to travel with me at all. When June died, part of the agreement was to get out a little more. I think this helps Nancy past the grief a bit, as well as gives us a chance to do a few things we have wanted to do. We understood when we invited June to live with us that it would sacrifice travel and that was OK. So we're making up for some of it now.

Felt a little flare yesterday during strides but it didn't blow up into anything big. I'll get a big stretch in this afternoon and be VERY slow to ramp up my running next week. That's it for now as I've gotta run. Have a great day. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment