Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Season is Back ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be short because I need to get to my long stretch. I went to the track today and decided I would do 5 X 50m hill/sled at a crawling pace just to get back in touch with it. It took everything in my power to hold under an explosive 50% as I felt fantastic with no hint of back pain. Foolishly I thought I would try to do one pullover on the high bar. Whipped off three before I could stop the momentum and then did two more. What the heck; how about P-Bar Bubkas? Did five like nothing. Off to the gym.

I was going to skip leg press as it forces me really tight with my knees almost to my face with the chair all the way up. What the heck, might as well rack it with 235 lbs. I can always stop after one or two. Cranked off my regular set of 18 like it was nothing with zero pain. High bar front lever with straight body? I did 2 X 5 like it was a joke. I'm now back within striking distance (2 weeks) of jumping at a decent level.

What happened? A lot of great care, REST and caution. Not wanting to risk several set backs I cancelled this season in my mind. Being able to accept the worst case scenario and proceed with the next plan is critical in our sport at our age. So instead of my season ending, my body got a well deserved three week break and is now fresh and on the verge of being 100%. I will see Ashley tomorrow.

I will vault in the Texas Masters Championships outside of Dallas on 5/29, San Marcos River Vault on 6/5, Quintana Beach Vault on 6/19 and the Dave Gorman Memorial Vault in Gettysburg, PA with my buddy Steve Gorman at his backyard pit - http://www.bubbapv.com/Pages/BYVault-Gormo.htm The event is in honor of his brother, Dave. We jumped many times together before he tragically died a couple of years ago in a drowning.

Couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!! BUT - that means I MUST get to my 45 minute stretch routine. Have a great Sunday and thanks for the support!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment