Monday, May 10, 2010

Easy Going

I'm just trying to ease back into training and trying to focus on keeping up my stretching. Had a tiny hint of nerve pain this morning but yesterday was a monster training day compared to what I have been doing; so that is no surprise. This morning was another hard training day as I did my bars and garage lift. Over the past two days I have done every component of my training but vaulting. The bottom line is that if I survive this week without set back I should be ready to start jumping.

I may or may not jump in a meet before the San Marcos River Vault on 6/5. Right now it feels like I need training jumps but I may decide I am close enough to high level jumping that I take a meet before 6/5 just to assure I put up a decent mark at the river. We will play that one by ear.

Thanks again for hanging with me. Bubba

Late post - Through talking to fellow masters vaulter and teammate, Gary Scheffe, who has been to the first two potential meets in our series, I have decided to jump first at The Woodlands High School All Comers on May 25. We have six meets on Tuesdays with all track and field events. Beats driving 3-4 hours. Thanks Gary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment