Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The "C" Word

I got a blood test the other day when Dr. Rand was seeing me for my forearm strain. He wanted to check my calcium and vitamin D levels but instead he called me last night to tell me my hemoglobin was very low. He called again this morning and asked who my family practice physician was so he could send the blood test results. Coincidentally, Dr. Butch Martin is the first stop on my traveling Wednesday because our company has provided physical therapy services to his group for over four years. He is my main physician and a good friend. So I was a little surprised when he became the second doctor of the day to tell me to go get a colonoscopy right away so we can make sure I don't have colon cancer. Dr. Rand said the same thing but Dr. Martin was even more insistent that this is not something to put off. Nancy had one a few years ago so I guess I will use who she did and we will get this going ASAP.

That said, back to regular training tomorrow. Can't wait. Bubba

BTW - Yesterday's post was short because I'm bummed to be sitting out again. But the reality is that I'm not doing anything stupid. I'm just trying stuff to try and get better. Five years ago at the Texas Senior Games, I vaulted 11' on a small 4m pole that I thought was big. Wow have things changed. Considering I'm five years older, I'm generally very pleased with the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment