Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lazy Day

I had breakfast with Nancy and then went out to watch the three 8th grade girls who will be at the high school next year. I always enjoy going out with the ones who really care.

Saw my masters teammate in the M40 group, Matt Kowalski there too. We're trying to figure out some bigger poles for him since he is through all of mine now. He will join me in Gettysburg on July 10, so we're trying to figure poles to ship, etc.

Beginner to Bubka author from Australia, Alan Launder's wife, Jenny, sent me an email this morning saying he is having some cardiac issues and may not be coming to the states in a few weeks. I have not seen him since he coached me at Sydney in the World Masters Games. We had a nice dinner and went our separate ways expecting to see each other this summer. I guess we will know more after his angiogram on Tuesday.

I first met Alan at the 1996 Olympics when I got him into the practice stadium to see Australia's Simon Arkell get his last practice in. We also saw Sergey Bubka's practice where he attempted 20' 8" several times. He's in our prayers and I hope to see him him over here soon.

It was an off day for training though I considered doing a light workout anyway. Then I got up from my chair and felt beat up from the past two days, remember the next two are my hardest and decided to take a nap, which the dogs did not allow.

Hope you have a great Saturday evening! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment