Thursday, May 27, 2010

Smart Decision

I've decided to skip this Thursday/Friday rotation of training and resume on Sunday. I could do it but my forearm needs a rest, as do my feet from all of the extra work they have gotten from doing demonstrations for young vaulters at practice. The forearm has remained sore though not worse or injured and that bothers me. Seems like for it to get well, at some point it will have to feel better. All of this extra activity seems to have stalled it.

My feet are a different story. Nothing major there but when you jump back into running, especially hills/sleds, you can flare up a plantar fascitis (heel pain) or Achilles. I had a very small hint of heel pain last Sunday so I'm going to rest that too. Both are really doing well but since I'm having my procedures at the hospital tomorrow anyway, my training would get broken up. I'd rather go in fresh and recover faster.

If you couldn't get the link to work properly yesterday, here is a CNN link on 87 year old Adolph Hoffman which also includes my coach, Kris Allison. Enjoy!! Bubba
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2010/05/25/dnt.87.year.old.athlete.kens?hpt=T2

No comments:

Post a Comment