Monday, May 24, 2010

No Glamor Here

It was another day to grind it out in the garage heat. Just when you think you might be getting in shape, that heat will knock you back and take your breath away. Yesterday I had 10 X 50m hill/sled and MAN was I sucking wind. Hang cleans in the garage do almost the same. I can only be thankful I'm not currently doing lunges or lunge jumps. OK, enough complaining/observing because in a month it will be 8-10 degrees hotter. But there is something about the reality of May when the heat hits. There is still a hint of coolness in the wind but that sun is HOT!!

Yesterday I got an email that Joe Summerlin's wife died. Not only is Joe Summerlin considered one of the greatest masters sprinters in history at 75, but his son went to high school and ran track with me, and my dad went to high school with his dad. After 57 years of marriage our thoughts and prayers go out to Joe and his family.

Today I get my crown on my back left molar. Good thing since the temporary fell off during dinner last night. WOW - VERY sensitive to cold as I accidentally found out.

Today I also see the doc who will do the colonoscopy. Looking forward to putting this behind me; pun intended. No really, when two physicians in the same day say, "we just want to make sure you don't have colon cancer based on these hemoglobin levels", you become a little attentive. So today is step one and I will report what I learn. Have a great day and thank you for being here! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment