Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Bright Spot!!

I almost did everything I told myself to do and not do today.  The exception was I moved back to 8 steps for the first time in practice this year because I didn't feel I could get enough pole speed from 6 on my biggest 13' 1" (4m) pole.  Made 12' (3.66m) easy three times and stopped. Not really.

I did make 12' three times easy but I went in and got my first 14' 1" (4.30m) pole and came out and started over with my 2, 4, & 6 step take offs.  Shockingly I could get into the pit on it comfortably from 6 steps only gripping down about 6" (15 cm) from where I would start with a crossbar.  So I used a bigger pole and a longer run because it felt safe.

I didn't want to risk getting hurt but I needed to know what pole and run I would start on in Reno.  The first 14' 1" from 8 steps (43').  It was a bit of a risk but I know that my biggest 13' 1" is a little bit bigger than my first 14' 1" so I took the calculated gamble.  Nice day, I'm not hurt, and I'm as good as I will be for Reno.  Not where I was last year but technically a little more controlled even if the poles are smaller and the runs are shorter.  Time to have some fun.  WHEW!!!  Thanks for being here!  Bubba

In Living Colour - "The Cult of Personality" - lead singer Cory Glover was in "Platoon" with Charlie Sheen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0&ob=av3e  AND Vernon Reed is an incredible guitar player.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Bubba!!!! I wished I could say the same! Still feeling the calf thing and just going to stay off it and hope for the best come Friday. Very discouraging, to say the least! Anyway, I have been doing those hip extensions you showed me every day, and do a lot of vaulting visualization. I will try to get together with you some time this week to have some coffee or lunch, if you have the time. I am still keeping positive thoughts about the Summit come Thursday. Talk to you soon. Dan

    ReplyDelete