Friday, January 13, 2012

Snakebit!?

"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't really after you". Who?  Where?  The injury bug! YEP, waiting on you tomorrow.  OK a bit dramatic but then again, I am easily amused.

Message to anyone vaulting in Reno. Tomorrow is my last vault session before Reno.  I will vault next Friday night at 5:30.  We used to jump Saturday but several years ago we made it clear that if they wanted officials at the Saturday pits we need to be finished with our jumping.  Great move!!  We also have kids to coach on Saturday.  But I digress.

The ambitious mind tells us that tomorrow would be the perfect day to try and get on that next pole or run.  A very scary percentage of those who try this will be injured and left to limping around at Reno all weekend.  DON'T DO IT!  This is as much a reminder to me as it is a warning to you.  Been there, done that, as have countless other vaulters.  Ain't so much fun to be in Reno and not able to vault.  You/I have been warned.  That is all!!  Thanks for being here.  Bubba

Reno - 1 Week - Fire it up with Motley Crue's, "Kickstart My Heart" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4aob4zlhIk

1 comment:

  1. Yep! I am going to wait til opening height for jumping. I am working everything else and keeping the legs rested til Reno. I just want to make a height! That's it! And not get injured. I want to walk away with making opening and not limping! :)

    ReplyDelete