Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let There Be Rest!!

I woke up this morning and did not feel like training.  Now if I wouldn't be in Reno a week from right now I would have gone out and pounded it out like I always do.  Upon further review, I'm a little beat up but not majorly so.  I'm not injured, or really flat, I just feel like I'm at that point where I can slip into further beat down mode or my body will be kind and make a positive charge forward. 

As hard as it was to do I did not workout.  I think the main reason is that I would like to have a decent final vault session on Saturday morning as well as let the recovery start.  Dangit I hate being practical but sometimes it's needed.  I'll hit my normal hard Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then should be good to go.

At this age my body feels like the Tin Man on the Wizard of Oz; old and creaky until I get moving around a little.  Exercise is my oil but today I needed rest.  It's really hard to explain.  Yesterday I was trashed and today, even though I still feel bad, I feel like I'm coming back around.  Odd, but I didn't want to screw up that hint of physical progress.  If you listen to your body when it speaks softly then it won't have to YELL at you.  Have a great night!!  Bubba

Old school AC/DC, "Let There Be Rock" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I85ceICRM

No comments:

Post a Comment