Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time Issues

Here in Reno.  BIG fire on the outside of town is the BIG news.  Highway 395 was closed in one area so I texted Bobby Talley and the Saddleback vaulters who are driving up with all of our poles.  Bobby said they were about 180 miles south so rain and/or snow may knock out most of it by then.

So much for the masters jumping Friday night.  My ID says I jump Saturday at 3:15.  Since all pits have a bout 40 vaulters and run late I will most likely be jumping around 7.  THAT SUCKS!!!  Oh well.  I'll go over early to watch some other kids and see how far behind my pit is.  ZERO chance it will be on time.

Today I feel a little rundown and dehydrated from the altitude but I'm better tonight.  I guess the bright side is that I have an extra day of rest.  Some of us may rent a car and drive over the 50 miles to Lake Tahoe tomorrow since we are "Off".  We will see as they have a winter storm warning.  Probably not the best idea if the snow is at lake level.  Going to be a very low key two days.  I'll get a stride/stretch in tomorrow and should be good to go.

Have a great evening.  Bubba

"No Time" by the Guess Who - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqeSUAlI5uI

No comments:

Post a Comment