Sunday, January 10, 2010

Coming Around

Whenever I can have a full week or so with all of my training components I can feel the momentum starting to gather. As much as I love vaulting it's very demanding as it affects both what you should do before a vault session and what you are able to do after it. Because of the light biceps strain I got last week, I have been able to just run, lift and stretch.

Today is the 8th day of my strain and I'm at about 90%+. Last Saturday I couldn't do anything without getting a stinging reminder. By midweek I could carry the little dogs with my right arm and today I was able to do my bars for the first time. All of my curls and other arm lifts are back to their original weights. I'll try my other set of bars and cleans tomorrow and if that works I'm free to start jumping again. Basically I got a ding from being under too far at take off on a big pole. Not being a guy who likes to be under, even 2-3" feels like I'm getting my arm ripped off.

Pretty funny how your body talks to you and your mind buys into it. When I was driving to the gym today I was thinking that I may not even vault again before Reno because of my arm. Twenty minutes later I'm powering myself to vertical on high parallel bars with 5 lb. ankle weights on. Now I'm thinking I may jump at a mid level next Thursday and then a hit a day on my 14' poles the following Thursday and be done for Reno.

My body feels great but I need some solid training without meets so I'm really enjoying this little break. I have had three meets and three PRs so I feel pretty good about getting back to work. That's it for today. Thanks for being here. Bubba

Weather - I've made the observation that 32 degrees in the sun is better than 44 with clouds. We're supposed to get back in the high 60s this next week but the cold wasn't nearly as bad as I expected this week because the sun was out. If you're not from the south you already know these things. DUH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment