Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On the Road Again

It's time for Wednesday's road trip so no real training. I'm trying to decide whether to vault tomorrow or just run and wait for Sunday. The weather will probably make that decision for me as we are expecting rain tomorrow but sunny on Sunday. It's probably smarter to give my arm until Sunday and go on my smallest 14' (4.30m) poles rather than go 13' (4m) poles tomorrow. The bicep feels normal at the 10 day point but I would rather jump at a higher level than a lower one. I guess I just answered my own question - I'll wait for Sunday and then jump the following Thursday before the poles are shipped to Reno that afternoon. This is why I blog - I spelled out the issues and the answer was sitting right there.

Reno is in question because of June's situation. The hospice nurse does not expect her to live much longer which is a great blessing for her. I'm fine but Nancy will need the break and is looking forward to the trip. However, if June is still alive I will not go as I won't leave Nancy here alone as her mother dies.

You have to understand that this is not cold or callous or misplaced priorities. Both of our mothers (mine died in April) are/were in great distress before they died so the actual death is almost cause for celebration because they can get free of their misery. We're trying to do everything to make June comfortable at home but nothing works. That's part of the deal unfortunately. So if she dies, we're going to Reno and if not by then, we won't. I'm guessing we will be at Reno and have to train that way even of we don't.

Off to the rat race. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment