Thursday, January 7, 2010

To Blog or NOT to Blog

Though this is a good outlet for my thought process, and certainly no one is being forced to read it, do you want to see it continue after World Indoors in Kamloops? I've received a lot of info and had considerable reflection and revelations from the writing. In that way it IS self serving. On the other hand I have friends who like the behind the scenes stuff and fellow athletes who like to share training insights. Shoot me a line and let me know either way. Thanks! Bubba

PS - this comes up because an esteemed masters athlete, non-vaulter, suggested that, though he loves it, the blog could appear over the top and self serving to others. That the videos may also seem too much. He's a friend and encourages me to continue. I'm just seeking your opinion. I think that if I had gotten the American Record people would have wanted to see it. If I'm trying to explain a vaulting concept I can point it out via video. I'm honest enough that if I absolutely suck at something or have a bad day you're going to hear about. I also don't believe I am as good or as bad as others may think. I guess you could say I'm "keeping it real".

I use the blog to voice my ideas, concepts and strategies. Do they make sense after I've said them and live with them? What do my friends and family think and contribute? I get GREAT advice from you guys in all areas. Again, just thinking out loud.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely continue this! For many masters athletes, we feel that we are seriously busting ass with our training. After reading your blog it is obvious that (in my case any way) we aren't. That's not a bad thing. You present a blue print of what committment it takes to be at your level. We can follow the blue print and improve better than we would on our own or continue as we are and be happy with the results we get with the effort we put in. That's a good double whammy. It's like you've said a number of times, "there are only about a 100 guys that are doing this at our age in the world". Anything to contribute to the "support system" for us is invaluable. Keep it up. Mike

    ReplyDelete