Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Poles Arrive in Reno

Though I don't leave until Thursday morning, my poles have arrived in Reno. That's always a great feeling. One less thing to stress over.

I'll get a long stretch in today and go out and watch the kids vault this afternoon and help out the coach, and great friend Robbie Dueitt. We practiced all fall when Robbie was in football but this will be the first school practice. My favorite time of the year is working with the kids and Robbie. I've been around tons of good coaches but Robbie can take a kid who has never touched a pole and have them safely over a bungee in the pit in 20 minutes flat. I've watched him do it many times and it still amazes me.

We got a new box put in last week as the other one was rusted. When we opened the other it it had ants. So between those two setbacks we're ready to go on both ends. I expect today we will have nearly 20 vaulters on both ends. Then after that practice Robbie stays over for the junior high kids to come over.

Been lucky on the weather lately with most days in the high 60s and low 70s. Very pleasant. I'm not lulled into this sense of luxury since we have cold temps again by the end of the week. Of course we will be in Reno where it's colder. At least we are inside.

Have a great day today! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment