Saturday, January 9, 2010

Running Day

I skipped the meet in Joshua (Dallas) today as a precaution for my bicep, which continues to improve. I don't want anything to risk my fitness for Reno in three weeks. I'll get a good running day in today and then attempt some bars. May be too early to put that type of stress on the arm but that's fine. I'm really trying to focus on running, lifting and stretching as I feel comfortable with my vault right now. Only a week ago today I made 13' 1" easy and had a decent jump at 13' 7" so what could I have lost? New Essx poles on the way is also a good reason to wait it out.

I just entered yesterday's lift numbers in my training log and did in fact go over 14 million pounds lifted since I started my come back on January 1, 2005. Since I began my prep for Sydney I've lifted 1.3 million. I'll go over 10,000 high bar drills sometime within the next month. I keep track of this because it just blows me away how this all adds up over time if I will just keep showing up.

All the best and have a wonderful Saturday! Bubba

NOTE - I've had a few questions about the running I'm currently doing. I'm on week 6 of this 14 week program and I ran it twice this week - http://www.bubbapv.com/Pages/speed.htm When I finish this 14 weeks I will start over at week 1 with a sled. I run on a grass area that is about 60m with a 3-5% incline depending on where you are in the run. The peak of the "hill" is about 40m so I try to come off of that accelerating. My warm up is over 40m as follows;

  1. crossover/carioca
  2. 40m stride
  3. high knees
  4. 40m stride
  5. straight legs
  6. 40m stride
  7. high skip
  8. 40m stride
  9. power skip
  10. 40m stride
  11. butt kicks
  12. 40m stride

Today's running was;

  • 5X20m
  • 2X40m, 1X50m
  • 2X30m, 1X40m


SO 23 total reps today and Tuesday. Have a great day. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment