Monday, January 11, 2010

Six Decades Over 13'

I just posted this on polevaultpower.com. I don't know what made me think of it but here's the story.
======================

I have had several vaulters give me different years that they have done different things. Dan West has a number of cool things like that. I came up with one of my own last night and would also like to hear about yours.

I have now vaulted 13' or higher in six decades. I first made it in 1969, of course the 70s, I started back in masters in 1989 and made 13' in my 3rd meet. No problem in the 90s or 2000, then on January 2, 2010 I cleared 13' 1" (3.99m) to give me that height in my 6th decade. Since I'm 56 I got lucky by catching the end of the decade on the first one and the first of the decade on this one. I certainly doubt there will be a 7th but we can dream. Bubba

Training
Good lift session as the bicep continues to recover well. I was able to do all of my bars and lifting with normal weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment